Happy Spring! We are looking forward to some warmer weather- this long cold spring means a late start on the growing season, however it hasn’t slowed the sheep and goats from getting out on the fields with their babies! Happy frolicking ensued on the day we opened the herd onto their first field. During the winter months animals in our area must stay in “confinement” areas to preserve the grasses in our pastures. In the spring we watch for a string of five to seven days of dry weather – once we have a week of dry we are able to put the herd out on the fields. We move the herd to a fresh field every fourth day for pasture and parasite management in the animals.
We are raising our egg prices! Eggs will now be $8/dozen, and $5/half dozen at our farm shop as well as at our market table.
Current farm shop offerings:
- Whole frozen stew hens and roosters, $15 each
- Lamb roasts, chops, shanks, ground, prices vary/priced as marked. Ground $15/1lb tube. Roasts 3-5lbs.
- Whole frozen goose, $8/lb, weights range from 7-13lbs.
- Goat cuts, prices vary/priced as marked.
- Eggs, free range/on pasture, $8/dozen, $5/half dozen
- Fresh Herb Bundles, $3/each. Chives, mint, sage, rosemary.
27311 NE 116th St, Duvall
Hollyhock Farm Shop
Saturdays and Sundays
9AM-5PM – March through October
Duvall Farmer’s Market – Opening day May 3rd, 2022!
Thursdays in Duvall at Taylor Landing, 3PM-7PM